Fairytale Town, the largest literacy-based children’s park in California’s Central Valley, seeks children’s book authors, illustrators and publishers to participate in its annual literacy event, the ScholarShare Children’s Book Festival. The largest literacy event in the Sacramento region, the Children’s Book Festival is set for Saturday and Sunday, September 24 and 25, and offers two days of non-stop literacy activities, author and illustrator presentations, theater performances, and tons of reading fun!
The event is well promoted through sponsorships by ScholarShare, Wells Fargo, The Sacramento Bee, radio station Mix96, KVIE Public Television, and Sacramento magazine among others. Approximately 8,000 people attend the two-day event.
If you are a children’s book publisher, a published children’s author or illustrator and would like to participate in the Children’s Book Festival, please submit a copy of your book and contact information by June 1, 2016 to:
Education & Program Manager Fairytale Town
3901 Land Park Drive Sacramento, CA 95822
Participating authors, illustrators and publishers receive acknowledgement in all promotional materials, including:
- Direct mail pieces and flyers (distributed to 20,000 households)
- Media releases and advertisements
- Verbal acknowledgement at the event
- Online presence at http://www.fairytaletown.org
- Authors/illustrators have the opportunity to sell and sign their books after their presentationFor more information, please contact: Program Manager Sarah Thomas at (916) 808-7979 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive Director Kathy Fleming at (916) 808-7060 or email@example.com